Buying and Shipping Mad Marshmallows
- How do I buy Mad Marshmallows?
- How long will it take for my marshmallows to ship?
○ Typical shipping time is 4-7 business days.
- What is a cottage food business?
- Cottage food businesses are home bakers and artisans cooking and creating out of their home kitchens. For more information, visit the state of Maryland’s website here: https://bit.ly/38NKlxr
- Will you ever ship outside of Maryland to other states?
- Soon, we hope! To ship outside the state, we will need to move to a commercial kitchen. We are looking forward to making this move as soon as possible!
- Will you ever ship internationally?
- International food shipping is tricky. Once we can ship throughout the United States, we hope to expand to international shipping.
- How are your shipping costs calculated? Do you charge a handling fee?
- Shipping costs are automatically calculated based on the weight and destination of your package.
- We never charge a handling fee or packaging fee. Your shipping is based on current rates and only pays to mail your package.
Eating and Caring For Mad Marshmallows
- How do I eat a Mad Marshmallow?
- Mad Marshmallows are a tasting experience! We recommend just taking a bite like you would a piece of fudge or other soft candy.
- Mad Marshmallows are also great in hot drinks like coffee or hot chocolate.
- Can I roast my Mad Marshmallows?
- You can, but I honestly don’t recommend it. If you would like to make a s’mores-like treat, try laying a graham cracker on a microwave-safe plate, top with your Mad Marshmallow, and microwave in 10-20 second increments until you get your desired level of meltiness.
- How should I care for my Mad Marshmallows?
- Mad Marshmallows are relatively low maintenance. Once the plastic wrap has been removed, they need to be stored in a sealed container or bag to maintain freshness. Humidity may cause stickiness, so a cool, dry place is best.
- Do Mad Marshmallows need to be refrigerated?
- No, but personally, I like them that way. Storing them in a cool, dry place will help them keep their texture.
- How long do Mad Marshmallows last?
- There isn’t anything too perishable in a Mad Marshmallow, so they should be yummy for a while. They are best eaten in within 6 weeks, but let’s be honest, you will probably eat them all before then anyway! Keeping them in an airtight container or bag in a cool, dry place will keep them fresh the longest.
- Do you take custom orders for weddings or other parties?
- Email your idea to Jen@madmarshmallows and let's talk about it!
Ingredients for Mad Marshmallows
- How do you make Mad Marshmallows?
- We can’t tell you all of our secrets, but if you are interested in making your own homemade marshmallows, there are many great recipes online to get you started.
- Are your marshmallows vegetarian or vegan?
- No. We use gelatin, which is an animal product.
- What common allergens are in Mad Marshmallows?
- It depends. Most of our marshmallows contain the allergen wheat, and some include the allergens soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and/or milk. Always check the ingredient list for known allergens.
- Our marshmallow base is made of water, gelatin, corn syrup (not high fructose), sugar, and a bit of salt. There is no egg in our marshmallow base.
Customer Service and Return Policy for Mad Marshmallows
- What if I have a problem with my Mad Marshmallows?
- We’d love to help you with any questions or concerns. Feel free to reach out to Jen@madmarshmallows.com
- Do you accept returns?
- Due to the nature of the product we do not accept returns.
- If your item is lost in shipping or stolen, please contact your UPS or USPS for reimbursement options.
- If your marshmallows do not arrive in good condition, please contact our customer service email using this form: https://www.madmarshmallows.com/pages/contact